View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #357
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
'He has warm, quick and bright eyes, this stranger from the north,' thought Bethberry as she was called away from her sleep. It was as much the aroma of the man's mulled wine that finally woke her as his words. She felt a nudging at her feet and looked down to see an expectant wee mousey patiently waiting. While answering Nogrod's question, she searched her pockets to find the crumbs of bread she usually kept there for the animals.

"I suppose how one feels about time's effect depends on whether one looks behind or forward, or simply takes each day and moment for what it offers," she replied, with a slight grin.

Any further reply was halted by the arrival of a very drenched couple. "Why,' wondered Bethberry again to herself, 'couldn't we all enjoy the anachronism of umbrellas, which had been so plentiful in The Shire at one time?'

"I'm afraid the Innkeeper has been called away, so we are making do as best we can. There is mulled wine here and food in the kitchen. You both look like you could use some warming up. I think you can help yourself and do as Nogrod here did, leave some coin on the counter. I'm Bethberry, by the way. And you are?"