View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #40
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Oh, for me it would be Tuor. Not only getting to see one of the most beautiful places in Middle-Earth (if not THE place - I mean Cirith Ninniach, of course; Gondolin was fine as well, but Cirith Ninniach is Number One), and seeing the Sea itself literally come alive with the coming of the Lord of Waters, not to mention seeing...
(quoting my current signature for the future time when it is changed)
"The Great Sea he saw... Its measureless plains he surveyed with the swift sight of the Valar, lying windless under the eye of Anar, or glittering under the horned Moon, or lifted in hills of wrath that broke upon the Shadowy Isles..."
And not to mention getting the "quest" from the most awesome (literally) "quest-giver" you could probably get around there and also this wonderful cloak (in fact, I would be in serious hazard of just deserting from my mission simply because I'd want to keep it...). And I could go on and on. And all in all, Tuor is just brilliant.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote