View Single Post
Old 01-18-2003, 12:14 PM   #80
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Pearl! Pearl Margarite Took, wake up this instant! PEARL!!" reluctantly, Pearl opend her eyes.

"What?"

Vivi was standing over her, looking down on her bed in a wierd mix of amusement and indignance.

"Pearl, honey, I really, really think you should get up. It is eleven thirty and you supposed to be at Olo somethings house in half an hour, and no offence, your hair is a mess."

Pearl stared at her friend bewilderd. Olo... wasn´t that one of the older guys she would be travelling with? She was supposed to be at his house? What was happening here?

"Someone dropped this off yesterday, and my damn little sister forgot to give it to us..." Vivi explained. "You better get going, it´s almost time."

Pearl flew out of bed, jumped in a dress and sprinted out of the room. She dabbed some lipgloss on her lips, braided her hair and ran out of the house.

She had always been a good sprinter, and that did her extremly well today. As she ran towards the Proudfoot´s house, she made a list of ideas for the party.

A nice-looking hobbit hole came into view, with a door in a nice yellow. It looked even brighter with all that healty looking grass sorounding it. It reminded her of spinach and eggs, and she suddely realized just how hungry she was. "Hope they have some food ready," she thought and knocked. A girl of thirteen opened.

"Hello,"she said, smiling. "You must be one of my father´s guests. Come in, come in."

She was extremy polite. Pearl thanked her and let the lass guide her to the sitting room. Some of her compainions were already there, others weren´t. She stood in the doorway,quite uncertain where to sit, when Primrose beckoned her near.

"Hi, Pearl. This is Melilot. She´ll be travelling with us as well."

Pearl smiled at the other women, and wondered what to say. She just had to say something, or they would hear her stomach rumbling loudly. Fortunatly, Olo bumped in at that time. He welcomed her, and thanked her for coming him.

"Twas a pleasure, Mr. Proudfoot. We´ve got so much to talk about... oh, I met your daughter, what a charming girl she is!"

Olo smiled proudly. Something told Pearl Peoni was the only thing he was more proud of, besides his grass.
She leaned back and waited for the rest of the company to arrive...

[ January 18, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]