View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #78
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
77 posts before I even get online... I think I'm slowly getting to understand morm's usual whining about people posting a way too much in these games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Some words on voting and representatives...

The good news is we now get to look at twice the amount of votes (I have a feeling Nogrod's going to be busy). The bad news is, we now get to look at twice the amount of votes.
Whatever you Boro think about analysing the votes - which I myself have found many times the most enlightening thing to do - there will be the fact that in this game the nature of the votes for the representatives will be very different from the actual votes of the representatives themselves - and those votes to lynch will also be different from normal lynch-votes.

The one thing I'm afraid though is that a wolf elected as a representative may hide her/his motives behind the "popular support" - as someone already said that s/he would like to see the rep vote her/his way, not the rep's own way!

So I would call for giving independence to the representatives as if they only follow their voter's wishes they are not accountable on their votes for lynching. If you don't like the way your representative acted you should vote for a different one the next Day.

Which brings me to my thoughts about the way the wolves might think. That I think is somewhat an unproductive question as there are of course different wolves as there are players playing this game differently. As a wolf tp would like to fill the place, filibuster and manipulate from the bottom of his heart (does it have one?) while I could see someone else wishing to stay away from being elected a representative as it is a bit too open and windy place to be. So I'm afraid there's no clear pattern we could be trying to look after...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote