View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 07:41 PM   #9
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Who is to say that Luthien did not also receive instruction from her mother? It is debatable who would be more powerful, Galadriel aided by Nenya or Luthien aided by her mother. My guess would be Luthien, since the Three Rings were dependent upon the One.

Also, who would be more powerful without any outside help? I would still say Luthien, since wisdom isn't everything, and while Luthien could escape from Hirilorn on her own, Galadriel could not maintain her realm without Nenya (maybe that's just me).

Luthien was certainly the most beautiful, but Galadriel was definately second (this is stated in Tolkien text somewhere, I forget where).

And lastly, who is to say that emotions are not powerful things? saying that Luthien followed her emotions is not necessarily a bad thing. When someone is mad they tend to have more physical strength, and wrath is an emotion. It is Luthien and Beren's love for each other which helped to overthrow Tol-in-Gaurhoth and steal a Silmaril from Morgoth's crown, let alone kill Carcaroth and bring back Beren from the dead, allowing them to become the first elf and man to marry each other.

I believe that Luthien was the more powerful of the two elves, but maybe I'm just biased. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote