View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 09:23 AM   #169
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Priceless!

Siftings from Child's e-mail 'sent' box......

Mithadan -

What an interesting idea for a games proposal! You will shortly be receiving a games worksheet from Piosenniel with instructions on how to fill out the sheet.

Some of the roles you listed would seem to require a rather 'delicate' hand (perhaps two?). I would recommend that you enlist 'experienced' posters for this purpose who will have their profiles and posts ready when the discussion thread first opens.

We look forward to seeing your revisions and working with you on this game.

Cami Goodchild, Shire Mod

Pio -

Please see the attached game seed from Mithadan. This one is a real blooper!

I would suggest sending this on to Rohan, but I don't have the heart to do that to Bethberry. Perhaps, we could interest Gondor in this! I think it would fit right in with Reunification of the Entish Bow.

Cami

Side note to Esty: This was said with a grin, of course!

Serious note to Ealasaide:

Actually, this is an interesting idea for either fanfiction or RPG. I was toying with the idea of one of the villages in Gondor or Rohan where all the men had gone off to the war. I had originally suggested something like this last summer, but the young women who ran with the RPG planning thread preferred to focus on court intrigue rather than the nitty gritty. This was the origin of "Corsairs and Corsets".

In terms of that village, I was thinking of a mixture : a combination of "wait and endure" and action. Not necessarily hand-to-hand combat, but perhaps a village being taken over by someone (not Orcs) and women spying to get information from the bad guys, or some such thing.

If you ever decide to do something with this in terms of an RPG, let me know.....