View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #1574
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Good try, G55, but as you correctly say, it isn't the right interpretation

I shall write comments on your interpretations, make out of it what you will

With the start, the first thing that I would have asked you would be whether you think Faramir's dream is unveiled by the skies. Maybe it is, if you were thinking along the lines that in that dream the sky in the east darkened and there came the voice speaking the riddle, of however it was. It could be that it was the skies that had spoken in that place, if it could be thus interpreted, then indeed it was a tale told by the skies that unveiled the truth about the Broken Sword etc. But like I said, it isn't the Broken Sword. I think you have proceeded correctly in the analysis of the second verse, especially in the analysis of why it isn't right And as usual, I took good care of which words I have used. If there is a word, it isn't just random, it has its purpose there.

So, the door is open - continue guessing...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote