View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #8
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry View Post
Do you mean Gandalf the Grey is "completely messed up" or Gandalf the White? The Grey I liked; the White I thought too much like Roy Rogers. (But then I don't particularly like The White in the Book.)
Never ate at RR, nor am I very familiar with the works of Leonard Franklin Slye. That being said, I too liked the Grey until he got all confused after Rivendell ("Let's take the Ring past Orthanc as Moria is just too spooky for me.") By the time Gandalf becomes the White, it's mostly over - he has a good moment in Fangorn but then relies on everyone else (Aragorn, Pippin) to carry his load. Grrr!

Quote:
Funnily enough, I think Boromir was credibly portrayed.
Boromir was portrayed *better* than in the Books, and so I exclude him from the list.

Quote:
Treebeard was pretty good in the Movie too, as I recall.
alatar's coworkers all 'take a break' as he has started screaming at his monitor.

Quote:
Any takers for Eowyn or even Grima (except he was completely cut out of any credible ending)?
Eowyn Shieldmaiden I liked, Chef Eowyn was too much. Even I can cook stew. Grima was okay, but in his end is too much the dog for me.