View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #19
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shelob. And I'm not joking. She was perfect. A huge spider, ugly, bulbous, and scary. Her lair was filed with old webs and half eaten carcasses, skelatons, and other nasty stuff. She was cunning and evil - consider, she squeezed out silently above Frodo, snuck around above him and essentially stabbed him in the back...only she waited for him to turn around so she could get his chest. Then when Sam came, she attacked him viciously. She knocked the phial out of his hand and out of his reach once. And then when she finally got stabbed, it was because she was trying to smash Sam and (just like in the book) it was her weight and strength that forced the blade up into her stomach. And then she twitched and jerked horribly in pain and she retreated, shuddering and shivering, into a hole.

The head Uruk Hai after Ugluk is killed by Aragorn was pretty well adapted.

Regardless of Matthew's adamant disagreement, I really like Boromir in the movie. I like him a lot in the books, too. They were one character I don't think they ruined.

Eowyn was also very well adapted, save for the stew scene. *sigh* Oh well.

-- Folwren