View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 07:03 AM   #1413
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Wasn't it supposed to be silly?
Oh, no way! Silly just in the way that it's funny to hear it in your neighbors' language (and that Gandalf's main job is to scare people with every single comment he makes). But it's brilliantly done and also far, far better than the movie LotR (the first book was even recorded prior to the movies, so it's completely unbiased, and even the second was made prior to the second movie - not sure if the first movie was out already then).

I also realised I like the radio adaptations far more than the movies because it still leaves your visual senses unaffected, which is the main thing I hate about the movies.

Quote:
I assign RPGing. It's Shire-worthy even if your favourite new NPCs die...
Oh, I understand. Speaking of that, I might add, I know from personal experience that it's great even if the PCs sometimes die...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote