View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 12:35 PM   #4
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
As far as the film goes, I think it merely leaves it up to the interpretation of the viewer - though I don't think it was excessive. I mean they were fully dressed and if youthink of the parts of the tale of Beren and Luthien that got people excited in the other thread (the fact that they went off together unchaperoned and the line "that in his arms lay glistening" etc ..) it seems quite tame. And if I remember the scene you are talking about.... wasn't it part of a dream sequence?
Didn't think that there was anything explicit in the scenes, just wanted to know what the younger generation 'saw.' As you say, if they consumated their relationship, then technically they were married, and so this would affect Elrond's decision (maybe) regarding helping Aragorn. And if I were he, and if Arwen and Elrond were cool with the status quo, then I think that I would have caught up with the Fellowship sometime later - "sure, I'll be right behind you guys..."

I just felt that A&A seemed comfortable in each other's presence, and this did not give the feeling of the formality and 'jitters' associated with courting. Aragorn seemed to be crashed out on her bed with his boots up on her dresser (no, that's not in the film!) - not the thing one might expect in a fantasy film in a scene with two noble high breds in love.
alatar is offline   Reply With Quote