View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 07:49 AM   #29
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Some Answers (so far)

Why did we change software?
Speed - VBulletin is a lot faster, especially when searching.
Security – UBB was vulnerable to hacks, and we were in fact once seriously hacked.
Private Messaging – The vBulletin PM system is really fun. Try it out!
Upgrade – Our version of UBB was non-upgradeable. With vBulletin we can continue to have the best version of the program available. Actually, there is a big update coming soon that will probably correct all of our problems!

What’s New?
Spell check

Problems
My Post Count is Wrong! When we moved your account over to vBulletin, it recounted your posts. It did not count (1) Posts in the Movies (2) Posts in Closed Topics (3) Posts in deleted topics. Since we have no idea how many posts were not counted for each of you, there is no way to restore the old number to your account. Since post counts aren’t as important as the discussions you type, I’m sure most of you won’t mind the loss, anyhow.

View New Posts This feature is acting very strangely because it is still listing the old posts that we had postdated in order to keep them at the top of a forum. We will be working to fix this soon.

Currently Active Users This feature incorrectly shows everyone as being on the MAIN PAGE. We are researching this.

Personal Titles We are working to restore PTs, as soon as we figure out how

MOVIES – The Movies forum is empty. This was at first not intentional, but we came to see the absence of The Movie topics as a blessing in disguise. Now that the movies are all release, we can start over and begin a even more organized discussion of them.

Things look funny There are a lot of small images that I still need to change so they fit more in our color scheme. Though the layout of the forum is now slightly different than before, you’ll get used to it soon.

Avatar Size Avatars have always been limited to 64x64, so nothing has changed.

The clock is wrong Adjust it in your Profile until it is accurate.

Posts from 9 Feb 04 are missing! We warned you.