View Single Post
Old 01-02-2004, 08:55 AM   #116
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

It is time!

Time for what? the faithful reader may ask.

It is time for the true hero of this story to come forward and claim his right to be acknowledged as such!

The faithful reader might object that the chief protagonist is a heroine. Yes, it may seem that everything is about Merisuwyniel – or should I say “Mary Sue”?! No amount of fancy spelling or Elvish name suffixes can disguise the fact that she has done precisely what every Mary Sue does – she has taken over the whole story and made herself the main character.

But I ask you, faithful reader, is this tale titled “The Revenge (or Reunification) of Mary Sue”?! No!!!

Everyone forgets that this is my story; they treat me like a common wooden object, only remembering that I am a senti-Ent when they need my special abilities. And why does everyone give her credit for marksmanship when I am the one doing the shooting for her??

Well, now we are in my home territory. I know every square foot of Canned-Corn Forest, every black skwerl that leaps from bough to bough, every tree from nut and acorn. I am Ent, I command, and Old Man Wilted does as I say. As soon as he lets me out, he will crush Merisu, destroy her completely, end her existence, and this tale will be mine, all mine, mine alone!! [What, were you expecting cheap verbal effects with several gratuitous “My Precious” from me? Never would I stoop so low!]

No more fighting her battles for her, no more doing what she requires of me, no more being carried ignominiously on her back, no more brushing the shapely lower end of it, no more silky waves caressing me in the breeze, no more arrows fitted to me by her slender hands, no more soft yet firm stroking of my upper and lower limbs, no more vicarious visions of her torrid dreams when her arm moves to touch me in her restless sleep…

Oh, confound it! She’s done it to me too – how humiliating! I’ve fallen in love with this little chit of an Elf; now I can’t leave her nor let anyone harm her. Let us out, Old Man Wilted – she’ll never know what I almost did. She’s still dreaming some strange vision.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

With a gasp, Merisu opened her eyes wide. Though she held the Bow, vibrating with a strange agitation, there was no tunnel; pale daylight filtered through the trees surrounding her. She shook her golden-tressed head in an attempt to remember what she had been thinking, but it evaded her. Her companions were running toward her, their gazes filled with a mixture of relief and horror. She stroked the wildly humming Bow comfortingly.

“Oh, Bow! I am glad that you are here with me! I thought it was the end of all things! I couldn’t bear to think that we could have come so far as your home and then not accomplish what you have waited for so long!”

It was a good thing that she had no time to ponder on the emotions emanated by the Ent-That-Was-Broken – the combination of shame and desire would have puzzled her exceedingly.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'