View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I saw a summation of this article on ew.com found it interesting, read the original article, and then couldn't resist coming to the Downs to see if the redirection problem had been sorted. Huzzah it seems to have been!

It is nice to see that at least one person involved in the production shares our dismay at how things turned out.

Recently I have been greatly (and I mean *greatly*) enjoying cruising around Song of Ice and Fire websites and discussions and laughing uproariously at all the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth going on in those locations regarding the changes the TV show has made to the story of the original stories.

It is hilarious!

I will, however, fully admit that my antics are entirely motivated by schadenfreude in watching what we suffered (and until this last Hobbit abomination is over are still suffering) happen to somebody else.

It is still a world of fun...especially watching the unfolding hand wringing and worry about whether or not the TV show will pass the books (spoiler alert: it will, and in one respect it already has.) At least we Tolkien fans never had to suffer through that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
I actually liked the Balrog; after all, it did have wings as is canonically correct.
Tsk.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 05-19-2014 at 11:08 AM. Reason: I forgot my snark! O.O
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote