View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 12:26 PM   #16
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>So what are they going to leave out on ROTK then? The battle at the black gate or Frodo at the cracks of doom??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I posted quite some time ago that intercuting Helm's Deep and Shelob doesn't work because emotionally they run in opposite directions. Helm's Deep ends with victory on the heals of despair. Shelob ends in despair with a smidge of futile hope. As Boyens said, "they cancel each other out". <P>Mount Doom and The Black Gate Opens (or for that matter Shelob/Cirith Ungol and Pelennor Fields) complement each other perfectly. The emotions in each run parallel. Each scene can be used to build upon the tension of the other until the climax. There will be no reason to sacrifice one for the other.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> It seems that Boyens and Fran were the main force behind the script itself. All the time I’ve been dissing Jackson for the changes, and it’s probably not his fault! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>... or his credit. <P>H.C.