View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 09:04 PM   #157
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Dec 16 Amroth and Erebemlin

Amroth looked at the floor of the talan, and then back at Erebemlin. "My friend, we left the eaves of this forest when the evil came out of Moria... scarce two years past. Are you under some spell?"

Erebemlin tipped his head to one side and looked at young face before him. "Lord, you have ridden long today. You are exhausted...come, sit."

With tightened lips and a different flame kindled in his eyes, Amroth set aside his impatience. "I am weary, Erebemlin, but I have not forgotten my quest or my love. My rest is in her, and I will find it nowhere else; these past months have taught me that. My friend, think. What tidings of her has Lorien heard?"

Silence answered Amroth's question as Erebemlin considered his lord's behavior. Lowering his eyes, Erebemlin spoke barely above a whisper. "My lord, Lorien has not seen or heard from the Lady in close to one thousand years. Lord, you...you sailed West. How have you come here?"

"Erebemlin, how could I sail if she was not on board with me? We awaited her arrival, but she did not come. An autumn storm drove our ship from the quay. Rather than leave her I swam to shore, since to lose her would have shattered me. As to how I came here...." Amroth frowned. "From midway through my swim, til I reached the borders of Rohan, I do not recall much... " his frown deepened. "In fact, I remember nothing, and that is strange indeed. Nevertheless, I did arrive in Rohan, in early winter, in Edoras. I rested three days in their Inn and departed northward from there. We have had over a week's travel from Edoras, and we are weary, true. Nevertheless I came here in search of Nimrodel. Surely if she were lost, she would return to the stream she loved?"

Last edited by mark12_30; 05-01-2004 at 09:15 PM.