View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #336
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I try to be as objective as possible when reading through Lommy's posts.

Her first post consists mostly of quotes. She suspected werewolves would just try to lay low and vote innocents for reps because "it's more probable that a village lynches an innocent anyway." But what if not? I don't like such generalized assumptions. In my opinion, speculating about things like wolf tactics (or what roles there might be ) don't lead anywhere. There are so many possibilities. About that the blame cannot be put entirely on Lommy, though, since it was I think phantom who started on the subject.

I don't understand Lommy's negative attitude towards filibustering. Do you really think there are no advantages to it? It might create chaos, yes, but it might also be of some use.

I pretty much agree with Lommy's #89.

Etc.

She looked more innocent than not and I agreed with a lot of things she said during the first half of the day. It was only during this half that she started to sound odd.

She expresses concern about Agan-Brinn & Legate-phantom alliances because they are a good way to buddy up with fellow villagers. What's so curious about them? How are they a great way to buddy up? I was voted by Shasta and Brinn but that didn't make me change my mind about either of them (once that they explained their reasons). I don't think voting somebody for your rep is a matter of trust (but I might be in the minority when it comes to this). I think everybody is critical enough not to give their trust to anyone automatically.
If you're worried about wolves voting one another in order to become reps, I can understand that, but what does it matter? It's still so early that we can afford to lose innocents.
In the end I really fail to see what's so strange in them. Your way of thinking is too black-and-white for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
although the thought doesn't quite cheer me, I think it's even quite probable that one of our newly elected reps is a wolf.
Oh what makes you think so? Why not two? Three? Four? None at all? Why one?

I'm still wondering why Lommy thought Greenie and I had great trust on Brinn. I assume she's going to respond to my earlier questions about it, though.

She made a list of people, concluding that everybody looked more or less innocent, with the exception of maybe phantom.
Quote:
I'm sorry to say this but a dead phantom is the one I like the best because it's the only one that doesn't give me headache.
Hahaha I noticed this only now.

Given that Lommy has pretty much posts compared to most, there's almost alarmingly much chattering instead of actual substance. I'm not saying her posts lack in substance - there just seems to be relatively more other stuff. She brings up points, "we should do like this," or accuses people a bit (cannot trust phantom, morm, &c), but that's about it - mostly her talk seems to concern game mechanics and be rather shallow. I get an empty feeling from her posts.

As for empty posts, her #274 is a good example. I dislike the evasive way she responded to my suspicions. What can you make of this?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Quote:
Then, another thoght... voting someone as a rep is surely a great way of buddying up fellow villagers. That's why the Agan-Brinn and Legate-phantom "alliances" make me wonder... I mean, of course it's just natural too to reward trust with trust and one is subconsciously inclined to trust someone that trusts them and blah blah blah, but such vote exchanges are curious. I'm not sure what to think about them.
However, if there's something strange in them, it's the seeming lack of reasoning , but that's a thing that applies to the voting in general, not only these "alliances".
Could be. I have no doubt it will useful to go through all the reasons for the rep votes. But on the other hand, there's lots of other stuff that would be useful too, like for example wolf-hunting...
First she reacts very strongly to a seemingly minor issue, and when I question her about it, she looks like she tried to avoid the question.

More exaggeration: she says neither Greenie nor I spared positive adjectives when trying to justify our votes for Brinn. I called her trustworthy, Greenie good & sensible player and innocentish. To me it doesn't look like either of us was trying to flatter Brinn, least of all me. Then she claims that exaggeration is a part of her style and that she doesn't think she had been exaggerating that far.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
I must wonder at this. He's basically voting Nogrod because he'd keep quiet players on their toes, but then, I at least would count Gwath among those very same quiet players. I don't know what to think about that, but I felt the need to point it out.
Now that's a good point. Rather interesting... is there an explanation, Gwathie?
Maybe it's just me but I think you're grasping at straws - both of you. For some reason Greenie pointing out random things makes me feel uncomfortable. And somehow Lommy's reaction was a bit too enthusiastic. I don't know. It bothers me.

The result is that I suspect Lommy and it annoys me because I feel I suspect her just because of the way she is. I also find myself unable to compare this Lommy to any Lommy I know from the previous games. However I wouldn't probably suspect her half as much if not for those carefully self-consciously careless trying-to-say-nothing-or-at-least-sound-normal answers. They vaguely remind me of the pathetic Dueling Wizards wolf me who was trying to avoid suspicion and accusations when they kept piling on me.

I don't know what to do with Lommy.

edit: xed since Nog