View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:46 AM   #118
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
I'm not reluctant. Rather, I adamantly refuse to be checked.
Darling, you do realise that isn't how it works. The rest of us are a majority, and so technically if we decided to check you we could, regardless of whether you adamantly refused it or not.

Quote:
(1) I'm an Ordo, and I know I'm an Ordo, and any Wolves that may be on this thread probably think I'm an Ordo. Green seems to think me innocent. I think Agan does too. Checking me would be of little value here.
(2) The Living are highly unlikely to request my identity after the events of yesterday. They'll want Nog and Green both before me. Lommy, Boro, Mac, etc.- there will be enough of them that will write me off as an Ordo.
(3) Look at the lynch I was involved with on the first day. All that I did was drive the Nog-bus which saved Agan, who turned out to be THE HUNTER! It's not as if any Wolfish info can be gathered from the fact that I killed Nog and saved Agan.
I doubt anyone (except maybe Boro) is "writing you off as an innocent" just yet. I'm certainly not. All I said was that I think it's more likely you're innocent. Apart from what read I can get from your posting, it is also true (though this is getting quite meta and therefore not all that reliable) that you are a fairly likely early dream for the Seer, and if the Seer dreamed you it's fairly likely you're not a wolf since we haven't seen anyone claim the contrary. So - I'm guessing you're innocent but I don't trust you yet.
Quote:
So why on earth do you wish to gather information that is both useless and unlikely to be asked for? The very idea of pushing for a check of my identity is preposterous. If you are not a Wolf, then you will have some serious explaining to do after the game, because you are deliberately trying to waste our Night ability. Similar to the way that you, while alive, were deliberately trying to stand in the way of setting up a system for the Dead to pass valuable info to the Living. Now you're trying to throw a wrench into the system from the Dead Thread.
That said, you do have to allow for differences of opinion about what is useful/likely to work/whatever. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a wolf. Also, don't be so surprised we don't trust you - in a game like this we'd be barking mad not to be wary of everyone who isn't a known innocent, and we all know you're clever enough to act as innocently as you're now doing regardless of your role. There. Enough flattery to keep you happy?

As for toNight's vote, I'd prefer Nogrod over myself since I know I'm an ordo and thus checking me definitely won't give us a wolf (though I'm not convinced checking Nog will, either). I do realise the rest of you can't know that, so if you think it's worth your while then by all means check me. Also Legate isn't the Seer, so I'd advise against basing too many schemes on that assumption.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote