View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #73
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Squatter, if it appears like I, or anyone, was trying to undermine authority, that wasn't an intent. I won't deny that I was slightly irritated by early comments made upon the matter, but all that has been straightened out. I don't take back anything I've said (except that I've come to understand if somebody found the comments made offensive, whether they were intended that way or not isn't the problem...if the comments were seen as offensive, than they were offensive). Anyway, I don't take back in 'feeling' anything I've said.

I don't think the situation as far as what happens when people in threads get a little out of hand was dealt with in the normal way. And I still feel that way. The normal way I've seen on my time here is a mod stepping in and halting the problem telling the people to solve it through PMs and move on...not the mods privately (albeit publicly as well) discussing one indvidual who was out-of-line with his comments. It takes two (or more) to tango as they say. That was my big problem with the situation in that I just don't think it was the normal way of handling threads that got heated and the people in those threads who got heated.

Quote:
Gaining trust takes time, losing it takes a second.~Nogrod
Isn't that the sad truth? Just like somebody's reputation. Takes a while to build up, but in a single moment could be smashed to dust. Which case the only real thing to do (as walking away isn't an option) is building everything back up.

Last edited by Boromir88; 11-01-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote