View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 05:45 PM   #55
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ori

Ori looked at the gathering dwarves with satisfaction. He did not see the female dwarf, Mali, but Lin was there as were the others. They would start as soon as the sun finished peeping above the mountains.

Balin, he noted, was in a jovial mood as he told a latecomer that they had left and returned loaded with riches. As he waited, the thrill of adventure slowly came over him and he thought of the music that would ring once again in the halls of Moria. He wondered if he would be able to make a flute out of mithril and his hands trembled at the thought.

A song rang out, interrupting his musings, and he looked eagerly for the singer of it. It was the dwarf who had come late, and Ori slowly made his way towards him. Green eyes glittered from under the helm of his bronze helmet and a scar arched jaggedly across his brow.

“So, what is your name, Dwarf?” he asked kindly. “My name is Ori,” he added, bowing.

“And Nali to you, sir,” the dwarf replied with a grin and a bow.

“I am impressed with your poetry and your singing voice,” said Ori, shifting uncomfortably on his feet…it sounded so awkward saying it for some reason.

Nali beamed, however, and said, “Thank you.”

“Can you play an instrument as well as sing?” Ori asked curiously. It would be quite merry to sit around a camp fire singing and playing songs…

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:59 PM February 04, 2004: Message edited by: Imladris ]