Thread: LotR2-TTT-Seq05
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 12:36 AM   #10
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf Almost felt you liked the Forest! That's good!

I thought that Grishnákh was better off left where he was, speared by a Rider of Rohan. I suppose PJ just couldn't resist the temptation of having him squished by Treebeard.

Aragorn's unravelling of the tale of Merry and Pippin was good. At least the audience was left with a sense of ambiguity of the hobbits' fate. The edge of Fangorn looked too dark and too CG for my tastes. Also, it seemed to just halt as a wall, and I always imagined that most forests start off as a few trees scattered here and there and not particularly dense until you really got inside them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Treebeard looked a lot more, well, tree-ish than I imagined him. But it's a fine line, really, and I'm fairly happy with how the creature shop turned him out. I really wish we could have met him during the day time on his hill/shelf/step. Lórien was made out to be dark and unfriendly, and now so is Treebeard. I also thought his dialogue was a bit too slow. He should have been speaking a little slower than a human, but not so slow that it seems laboured and is tiresome to listen to.
Quote:
I still can't handle the orcs with cockney accents.
Yeah, I felt the same way about the orc accents. Not quite sure what PJ wanted to achieve, there. Maybe make it into a class war, with the educated bourgeois Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf and co versus the English working class?? Dumb.