View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 02:14 PM   #410
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tolkien Raefindan

The ranger narrowed his eyes. "What did you do to annoy Ravion?"

Raefindan stepped forward. "My friend presents herself in a harsher light than she should." Mellonin's eyes widened in anger and she gritted her teeth. Raefindan pressed on. "I am Raefindan, and Ravion left the leadership for this group in my hands. It would have been better for him to stay with us, for he would make the best leader of us."

The ranger interrupted. "Then why did he leave?"

Raefindan met the ranger's eyes. "Because he thinks that he has failed us."

The ranger looked at Raefindan askew, as if he was trying to determine if the red headed man was to be trusted. "Why does he believe that?"

"He accused himself of being irresponsible and absurd."

The ranger shook his head. "Eerie spun sable?"

"Forgive me," Raefindan smiled. "I meant to say that Ravion accused himself of being faithless and a fool. He is too hard on himself."

The ranger's brows raised. "Now he begins to sound more like the Ravion I know. How long ago did you part? What way did he go? I shall track him and speak with him about these matters."

Raefindan answered his questions and pointed back down the path. The ranger took a step and stopped, regarding them sternly. "Mind you, I am able to track you wherever you go, and I think you will not get far very fast, so be sure that if I learn you have spoken lies, I will find you and take Gond, and bring you to justice."

"We do not fear that, for we do not lie," Raefindan said calmly.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-05-2004 at 06:14 PM.