View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #212
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem

What fascinates me is the way people adopt complex belief systems (whether religious or materialistic) which will not permit certain things to actually exist, so that they have to construct all kinds of convoluted reasons as to why they're 'fake', or have to account for them in terms of 'Fallen Angels' mating with humans &/or animals or other equally outlandish 'theories'.
This is why I am not part of an organised religion. I wish to experience the world and learn about it, including its mysteries, and come to my own conclusions.

I am skilled in Tarot reading, it is one of the many 'tools' I have used to examine myself and the world around me. The cards are not random images but Universal images, and to really read them you need to go into the layers of meaning, the numbers, the symbols, the representations from many religions (including Christianity). A reading will as often as not turn up cards which cannot be fully interpreted as these things have not yet happened; a 'cold reading' could not account for these or make up theories as to what they might be. Those things may not even happen if we choose to follow advice given or not.

I love science and love trying to explain things with scientific theories. But even if science could explain why Tarot works as it does, it still would not take away the fact that as an experienced reader, it gives me a kind of insight I cannot get elsewhere. Even if it is 'merely' a meditative tool, it is a very effective one. I suppose the fact that I use this is partly why I do not deride anyone for their faith; a lot of us follow seemingly illogical paths.