View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #216
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem
So for you now all the Dollar bills are fake, even the ones you haven't examined?
If you come across any US dollar bills, I would happily examine them (and, mostly likely, report them to be fake...though we might find me suddenly a little too happy to be explained by chance.)

Quote:
Remember how you felt when you thought they were 'real'? Its that feeling that matters.
I do, and thankfully my children/life stil provide me with that feeling. I need not look too far to find that sense of wonder. On the other hand, I remember all too well the feelings of betrayal when 'I'd been had.' It's a balancing act, to be sure.

Some might say that I've been betrayed not by God or the spiritual world but by their earthly exemplars, but, alas, here we are. You can even see this in my comments in the SbS, as PJ did not make the movies as I saw them (imagine that ).

Again I think that's why the books work so well; I can gloss over the errors, everything is how I would have it, and in the end, there's something in which to believe.

Last edited by alatar; 05-14-2006 at 08:25 PM.
alatar is offline   Reply With Quote