View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #93
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
It has an odd tone about it... He(Or she, sorry name's a bit gender neutral) says basically the same thing about everyone but says it differently most important to me though are these ones-(I'll paraphrase)

Nerwen is fairly ambiguous in his quote but these 6 have similiar descriptions but 3 positive and three negative but based seemingly on the same logic of not doing much.
First off, it's he.

Then I don't understand where you're heading off to. Sure all 7 comments are similar - there wasn't much to draw conclusions from - but clearly (to me), 5 are neutral, one slightly negative (Inzil), and one slightly positive (Pitch). "Odd tone" is a very vague accusation. Can't argue with that...

Your reasons for your vote seem to come down to disagreements about Nerwen and Boro, mostly. I definitely did not come after everybody who disagreed with Boro, though. That's a misrepresentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
I just disagree with this if he talked himself into a corner he could keep it up to look innocent
Maybe, but most likely, if he keeps it up, he will end up rubbing a sufficient number of people the wrong way and be lynched. An innocent who believes in his theory would risk that, not a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
because in fact ignoring an innocent Boro would also be a possible wolvish response– I should say a probable one.
Never claimed that my generalizations were perfect. In fact, I even joked about just that. I still think approaches like that are helpful, though. You criticise that I will miss at least one wolf with it - I say I will pick at least one wolf with it (or at least it helps to).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Meanwhile, it being Day One, peculiar statements are going to draw attention.
That's how Day1's go a lot. One person makes a series of strange comments and then gets lynched for it - sometimes it's a wolf, most of the times not. I read Boro's comments, and while I disagree with them, I don't think they point to his guilt. I think that perfectly justifies looking at other people's reactions to them. I don't see the problem at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Sounds as if you're saying anyone who said anything in response to Boro could be evil. Aren't you painting with a rather broad brush?
This is almost exactly a copy of what Morsul and Nerwen said before. *raises eyebrows severely*

Unless people start giving a better reason to suspect Roa than that slip, I shall call the whole thing silly.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote