View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #96
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
In my analysis, your right, I like to be thorough. But I scan admin threads, and I typically assume three wolves, because that's the typical number. What I don't like is how when I made my slip, you were all giggles. Now that someone has said, "Oh that's suspicious," you agree.
True, I just wanted to make it known I noticed the mistake. The response was actually directed towards Inzil though, who asks "really?" and I thought I was seeing deja vu from last game. I didn't say anymore, because like Nog was unsure of, and Nerwen wonders if we are tiptoeing a line.

For the record, I usually assume there are 3 wolves too, and sometimes their number is unclear, which leads to understandable slips. However, Legate articulated their number more than once, and so any honest slip ups seem less likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
What I'm saying is that this is true... but it's also kind of pointless, and doesn't really lead anywhere. I think that criticism's perfectly valid, as was asking you for an alternative. And that's pretty much all I did... despite the fact that I was supposedly "jumping" on you.

Honestly, if any molehill's having a mountain made of it, it's this "everyone jumped on Boro!" meme.
I haven't considered it as an "attack" against me, and I agree with the last sentence, see my last post.

Quote:
Okay, but isn't this verging on forbidden meta-reasoning? Besides, maybe she did get lazy this once.
If someone misrepresents the rules (either honestly or feigned) I see no reason why:

1. It should not be corrected
2. I see no reason others pointing out the number was provided in more than one place shouldn't be allowed.

There are certain meta-reasons that are always, and justifiably, off limits. The problem becomes, and I've said this to others before, believe it or not I've been holding back more than usual lately out of fear it's meta-reason and that's just unfair/unfun to everyone. But if someone uses meta-reasons as a defense for themselves or an excuse how fair is that?

The fact is Roa stated a wrong number, whether it's an honest mistake or faked ignorance, I don't know. But I don't see anything wrong with Nog wondering that an honest mistake is less likely considering it wasn't something that I found terribly unclear nor uncommunicated by Legate.

I will say because of Nog's post about it, I buy the honesty in bringing it forward. If he's pulling one over kudos. Now he could be misleading, making a mountain out of a molehill, but it shows an honest willingness to lynch wolves.

That being said, Nog do you really think wolf-Roa would purposefully state the wrong number of wolves? What does she gain from acquiring what will surely be lots of uneeded attention?

True as your heart may be, I'm not going to vote for Roa based on those reasons. I intend to vote for people who have been around the block more than once and I've come to expect more from, but so far not seeing it.

Such as Inzil, Nienna, Pitch, and Mnemo. I know all about the fact that no one can dedicate the same time, or be as available as others. But you have all made your presense known throughout the Day, yet nothing stands out, besides naming a few people and/or saying you're here, but there's no more time to comment. Nienna, I find your second post a half-[bleep] attempt to contribute something (please don't take offense to that, I'm just saying I know you're one of the quieter thinking types, but I've still come to expect more out of you). And Mnemo in many ways you started the questions and controversies, but have since hushed up about it.

Which leads me also to Lommy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Does anybody else smell Nogrod&Roa collaboration in the air?
I smell a tentative Lommy who I have been expecting to see more from, but have not.

Edit: crossed with everything after Roa's #90