View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 03:02 PM   #80
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i can't say i'm surprised that Sean Astin wasn't nominated either. Personally i would like to see Ken Watanabe win, because his performance was truly magnificent. he seemed to capture perfectly the essence of the Samurai. Or Benicio Del Toro. i aven't seen 21 Grams, but i lvoe Benicio Del Toro, he rocks and i would love to see him win. I can't remember the others apart from the dude in House of Sand and Fog and i haven't heard rave reviews of him, so you know.<P>I would like ROTK to win best picture, obviously and i think that now it has a very very good chance. Seabiscuit doesn't have a hope in hell. if i can speak for the UK here, the trailer left me absolutely cold. so much, in fact that i didn't even bother going to see the film. I mean, hoenstly, a film about some american horse and a jockey played by Tobey Maguire? NO WAY. and seeing as a lot of the Academy members are British, or atleast non american, i predict it will probably come last. It was just so gosh darn american that i can't really see it appealing hugely to anyone outside of america or huge horse people or huge Tobey Maguire people <P>um, Lost in Translation. i really hope that doesn't wi nanything. It doesn't deserve it. the only good thing about that film was Scarlett Johansson and she wasn't nominated. Master and Commander i found historically good but humourless and rather boring. I can't remember the other nominee.