Thread: The Desolation
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #109
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
We took the extended tribe (almost a dozen children) to see DoS. I agree mostly with what others posted more eloquently above. Some notes:
  • Hated how they took a 'chance meeting' and made the whole quest a set up by Gandalf.
  • No mention why the ponies should be returned and not taken into Mirkwood.
  • Are the Dwarves fighters or fools? One moment, they are taken captive by the spiders; then soon after, fight their way through them (with a little help). Same applies to Smaug...the Worm takes the whole dwarven city, but 13 dwarves (or however many; my head still hurts from the previews) can contrive to boot him out.
  • Is Bard related to Legolas? They look like brothers.
  • Saw nothing provocative when Tauriel was healing Kili; then again, I'm old and mostly dead.
  • Isn't Kingsfoil called 'King's foil' for a reason? Or is it generic healing plant for generic evil weapon wound?
  • You're going to use heat on a creature that produces heat - hot enough to melt magical rings. Genius.
  • Thought for sure that the golden statue was going to become a transformer or mech suit.
  • I'm no economist, but what's with all of the coins/horded treasure? Smaug may have gathered a bit of it together during the ransacking, but wasn't most of the coins already there?
  • Orcs should slide on steep rooftops, unless they are Moria orcs, which can stick to any surface.
  • Gandalf is caged by Sauron's minions? Just when I thought that being powned by the Witch King was the ultimate insult.
  • So when the movie faded to black, my youngest summed it up by saying, "What a ripoff!"