View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 01:04 AM   #344
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
"I knew it!" said Asta, as she followed after the two men with their unconscious burden. Furious as she was with Aldarion, there was a certain satisfaction in having her worst suspicions confirmed. "One of those hussies from Sador's gang, luring the poor fool here! Oh, yes, anyone with half an eye could see the sort they were!"

Coldan sighed, lifted his eyes to the clouded heavens, and muttered, "Zat is it, I give up! All right, I suppose we'd better find somevhere to hide him..."

Under his directions, they lugged the servant around to the front of the house and deposited him under a hedge. Crouching beside it, the three of them were also screened from the mansion's front windows, giving Coldan and Harrenon time to catch their breath.

"What now?" Harrenon asked. "We can't just leave him here."

"Of course not. Harry, change clothes with him, and be quick about it– then you can march us in and say you captured us– it's all right, I'll look away." Harrenon, Asta knew, had a stubborn streak of personal modesty which so far had survived even the close quarters of an acting troupe.

"But–"

"Just do it!"

"No."

"No?"

"No! This is Gondor, you crazy Northerner! We have– we have laws in Gondor!"

Asta drew in her breath at "crazy Northerner"– so this was how Coldan felt when people called him an "Easterling"– yet, something about the way Harry looked, with folded arms, hair standing out at all angles, and brown eyes flashing, told her that it would be a waste of precious time to get into an argument with him just then.

"Coldan!" She turned to the prompter, who had been looking on helplessly. "It's up to you, then! You can see it's too late to back out now, can't you? I know you won't just sit here, waiting for these ruffians to catch us!"

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-01-2011 at 08:56 AM.