View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #218
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“Food’s all ready,” Cela informed him, giving him a piercing glance for goodness knows what. “And if everything is set, I can start dishing up some plates.” Her eyes flicked briefly in the direction of the Man standing there and Dick suddenly understood completely. He smiled, as winningly as he could.

“Why, Cela, that’s wonderful. I think if you think all is set and ready, then it is. Go ahead. Run on in there and start dishing things up, I’ll be in shortly to double check that everything is prepared.”

Cela turned in a small huff and Dick lifted his eyebrows after her before turning back to Jack. “Run along now,” he said, nodding his head towards Tollers, busy about the tables. “If we have any further questions to discuss, we can later.”

Jack went and Dick turned to go into the kitchen. He braced himself for the storm as he stood in the doorway, seeing Cela spooning steaming spoon fulls of the stew into the wooden bowls with no little impatience.

“A’right,” said Dick, walking forward. “What’s eating you?”