View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 01:21 AM   #234
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
‘What’s up?’

Rowan’s question hung brightly, expectantly in the air. Will squirmed a little in his seat. He loved to gossip as much as any other in the Inn. But somehow the heated discussion between Mistress Cela and Master Dick seemed something that should be settled just between them, without others poking their noses into it.

‘Two things are up. First, you missed the big excitement out in the stable yard. Gable was up on the roof, helping to fix the part of shingles that I had still to do. And, well, she slipped and nearly plunged off the edge – and would have done so, except that she’d managed to nail one of her sleeves to the roof.’ He looked around the room and pointed out the man, Rhys. ‘That was the Big Folk fella that helped her down.’

‘Now, the other thing that’s up is that Prim and I are hungrier than bears in Spring. I was hoping that with all these folk in that there might be some music tonight or storytelling.’ He smiled over at Prim. ‘Made the poor lass walk all the way round to the front for her supper!’

He nodded over to where Tollers and the man were speaking. ‘Does the inn have a new worker?’

Last edited by Arry; 08-08-2006 at 01:51 AM.