View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 12:07 PM   #239
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Cela shook her head exasperatedly. Where did he get his ideas? "I most certainly shan't be leaving the Perch over something like this," she said, "and if this is some ill-thought-out attempt to get rid of me, well, you might as well say so out loud." Dick started to protest that this was not at all the case, but Cela overrode him. "And as for the rest, I already agreed, didn't I?"

Dick still did not look wholly convinced; Cela supposed she would have to speak a little plainer. "Listen," she said. "I told you what I thought, and after that it's up to you to run your inn as you see fit. The question at hand is not whether I will like him or appreciate him or go easy on him; it is whether I will tolerate him in my kitchen, and I have told you yes. If you would like me to change my mind, feel free to keep arguing the point."

As for playing nicely, Cela would not. She would draw the line short of terrorizing the man, but it might even be rather fun to play with his head a bit. Making up for the broken plates - yes, that was right.