View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 05:44 PM   #158
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Shield Willow

Willow smiled faintly as Lily spoke of her reasoning to coming into the Shire. The Green Dragon being a fine place to start. Willow allowed herself to smile, it was a fine reasoning, and indeed, she would agree that the Green Dragon was as good a place as any to start, certainly for a hobbit from out of the Shire. What hobbit with any sense would travel to say, Gonder on their first trip from their hone anyhow? "And you? What brings you to Hobbiton?" asked Lily, finishing up with her words as to why she had left Bree.

Willow glanced over at Mira and Farran, both of whom were talking quietly, and she shrugged, and begin softly, ingoring the the rain pattering on the walls, driving her insane to step outside into the fair mists of the rainfall.

"I was from the North Moors," she began quietly. "I spent much of my childhood there-- I am older then I look, by perhaps five years, or so."

Her voice was soft as she spoke, trying as hard not to bring up painful memories, just the ones she had no choice but to recall. "When my parents both died from some strange sickness, I had no choice but to away, and stay with other family members. I went to stay with some cousins for a while, bit it was hard to impose on them, with their large family, so Hobbitton seemed the best choice, as I had some family here, and the Green Dragon was here to stay at. It was death that brought me here, Lily, sadness, and sorrow. I came here to try escape that which I knew happened."

Willow sighed, and shifted, trying to get her mind off that past. Her parents in bed, coughing.... rain falling outdoors, no way to escape the inevitable... darkness and shadows haunting the house as the fire flickered out... she was too little to rekindle the flame... her grandfather falling ill next, when she went to stay with them... her mother, handing the child Willow the cherrywood fiddle... Willow shook her head hard, trying to get the memories out of her mind.

Outdoors, the rain continued to fall, and the gray skies reminding her all too well of that one day. Willow breathed out hard. "Would you like to get more tea?" she asked, trying her best to keep the tremor from her voice, and cheer in her voice as she remembered everything all too clearly. She put her hand to her mouth to stiffle a slight cough as she stood up, and smiled the best she could, trying to hold back the memories...