View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 08:55 AM   #272
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarillo
Certainly! Just send me a PM and I'll change it right away.
Sorry, the computer I'm at can't cut/copy and paste so I have to do it here or wait.

Quote:
"Certainly," the Eorl told them. "I'll have Kara bring you two a meal."
....becomes....
Quote:
"That I can," the Eorl told them. "I will see that Kara brings two meals to you."
Quote:
"Nothing I want my guests to worry about, just a matter of security the queen wants to be taken care of. I must tell the men to be more gentle with visitors, I don't want others frightened like you wife...."
.... becomes ....
Quote:
I would that you not worry overmuch. The guard on the gates is tripled at the order of the queen. I am sorry that your wife has been frightened, but it would be worse that she came to harm at the hands of those we would find...."
Quote:
"Yes. It is true, but I assure you that the situation is completely under control. Excuse me, please, and I'll tell the guards to be more gentle at the gate..."
...becomes...
Quote:
"You have guessed right, though I wonder that your wife thought the guards were robbers, wearing Eorling markings at the gates of Edoras! Be sure that we are doing all we can to see to the matter. Excsue me, please, and I'll have a word with the guards; we do not want them to be overzealous in their duty..."
There. That should do it.