Thread: Other Books
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2001, 06:45 AM   #7
Taimar
Spirit of the Downfallen West

Taimar has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Spirit of the Downfallen West
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Other Books

I`ve read all the authors mentioned. None of them come close to the great JRRT. I enjoy Jordan`s work, though I know he is not too popular at the Downs. Goodkind is pretty good as well. I`ve read the `Dragons` books by Weis and Hickman and can`t say I was too impressed.

As for Eddings, I liked the Belgariad (ideal for slow afternoons when you don`t want to be mentally taxed) and found the Malloreon fairly average. I think all his other work is terrible. I recently bought his latest book (The Redemption of Althalus) for my daughter and put it down after around 60 pages, which is very unusual for me, since I generally like to finish a book once I have started.

We had a thread on the subject of authors a short while ago, but at the risk of repeating myself I`d recommend David Gemmell, J.V. Jones and Terry Pratchett for anyone who is looking for some interesting fantasy to read. Just my personal opinion, of course.

Look into the http://www.fortunecity.co.uk/library/classiccourt/77/Mirror of Desire.</a> </p>
Taimar is offline   Reply With Quote