Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 11:51 PM   #187
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Laurel moved out of Cartil's Room and headed for her grandfathers room. She had not seen him in a long while.

She sat be his bed as he slept. She smiled at his peaceful expression. Her grandmother Rivwyn sat beside her and squeezed her shoulder gently.

'You look about to collapse my dear! Go and sleep!' she fretted, and inspected the cuts on her face and her dirtied bandage. Laurel didnt change her expression.

'I suppose I should. I think Ill stay here a little while longer. Will he wake up any time soon?'

The old man began to stir 'Ha...I knew I heard your voice granddaughter!' he croaked. He looked at her and frowned 'Rivwyn my love. Take her to the healers. She is exhausted. She needs somewhere to sleep'

Rivwyn slowly helped her to her feet, and Laurel didnt speak a word, but smiled and nodded at her grandfather.

She lead Laurel back to Cartil's room, and lead her to a cot at the far end. The Healer was still attending to Cartil. Lying down, she felt the pain in her leg come back with a steady flow, but she was too tired to make a sound. She heard her grandmothers voice as she walked beside the Healer, but it was muffled and strange.

Laurel closed her eyes and relaxed into the dirtied fabric of the cot, and hoped she would not have to wake up for a long while.