Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 05:44 PM   #196
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cartil nudged his sleeping sister, trying to wake her up. She grumbled something under her breath and lifted her hand to wave Cartil away. Cartil grinned and gently shoved his sister off the edge of his cot, and Jesslyn fell to the ground with a loud thunk. She jolted awake, sitting bolt upright and glaring angrily at Cartil. The glare soon faded to a relieved grin, and Jess leaped forward to hug her brother.

"I'm so glad you're safe!" Jess murmured into his ear, though her voice was muffled by her own hair and the emotion in her voice. Cartil's grin spread to a wide smile, but he couldn't think of what to say to Jess. Soon, Cartil released himself from Jesslyn's embrace and grabbed her shoulders, and a serious look came over his face.

"Jess, I'll tell you what happened later, and you can tell me what you did later, but Laurel needs our help. I know we're only two people, but we can still help somehow," Cartil explained sadly to his sister, already predicting what she would say.

"But look at you! Look at me! You're half dead from starvation, and half dead from being beat by those Wild Men! Can you even stand? I know I can't without having my head start to spin! What good can we do?" Jess asked, instantly regretting her decision to argue with her brother that she had just been so happy to see alive moments before.

"We could..."

"We could what? We can't go get help, since we tried that and we brought back a weary half-army and it would take to long to find help. We can't do much personally, and not only are these Wild Men just plain stronger, they aren't as stupid as we thought they were!" Jess retorted, flailing her arms about to emphasize her point.

"Laurel's smart. All we have to do is listen to her, and we'll all think of something to outsmart the Wild Men..." Cartil suggested quietly, wishing suddenly that he had never mentioned the Wild Men or what they could do about them.

"You should rest," Jess pointed out, storming from the room and leaving the House. Outside she saw Laurel and the Elven brothers speaking, and since Jess didn't want to interrupt but she did want to speak with Laurel, she decided to wait for their meeting to finish.