View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #392
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
I am not convinced I would want to use the Werewolf Hunter in the game.
Why so Eomer? I thought that the additional secret roles worked very well. Even though neither the Hunter nor the Cursed were identified until the very end, their presence certainly made the Werewolves think about their victims a lot harder than they might otherwise have done. Take a look at the phantom's Random Thoughts page if you don't believe me (link on the Werewolf 2 thread). Also, the secret roles give more players something to do (or at least think about) in addition to simply being a Villager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer again
I would also prefer to bring back the option of negating any cast votes- i.e. once a vote is cast, you will be allowed to change it, as in the first game.
Personally, I don't see what allowing votes to be retracted adds to the game. Players are free to make whatever accusations they want, and as strongly or as subtly as they want, up to the point that they vote. But it is in voting that they nail their colours to the mast, so to speak. The importance of doing so, however, seems to me to be somewhat negated by allowing them then to take it back and vote for someone else. Also, allowing votes to be retracted may encourage hasty voting and thereby stifle the to- and fro- of the discussion, which is the enjoyable part of the game for me. It also makes the moderator's job a lot more difficult ...

Of course, if you are moderating, it's up to you and I'll go along with whatever you decide.

So, will you be moderating the next game, Eomer? If so, and you intend starting tomorrow or Friday, it might be worth posting a list of those who have said that they want to play so far so that people know how many spaces, if any, there are to fill. As I recall, BW suggested that the game should have between 12 and 19 players. It would also be helpful if you could give with a definitive indication of the rule changes, timing etc that you will be applying.

Looking forward to it ...