View Single Post
Old 04-18-2003, 11:30 PM   #55
Silmarien
Wight

Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I must admit I wouldn't have read this thread unless I was wanting to play one of twin orcs in an RPG. Any way I did a search and found this in another thread
Quote:
I would imagine that Orcs are a species of degraded/mutated men or elves or both that do indeed sexually reproduce. Like most reprehensible cultures, the female of the race is kept in slavish bondage. Relatively few in number, harems of them for the Great Goblin or his toughest followers.

Lesser males were not allowed to breed. Such pleasures(?) were denied all but the fittest.

Female orclings were likely enough killed (and eaten) at birth, unless singled out for some particular breeding characteristic. They were likely raised to breed and were bred until dead. By the litter. Females from lines that produced many large litters were allowed to live to become breeders themselves. Male goblins were more useful for labor and battle. The females were only necessary for reproduction.
I know this idea has been raised by others but I thought this made it very clear.

It seems to me that the general concensus is that there were female orcs (though this may just be I'm biased to the way I'm being persuaded).
Though here at journeys end I lie in dakness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell:I will not say the Day is done nor bid the Stars farewell!