View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 08:55 AM   #41
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
The Electronic Pygmalion

I've always thought that My Fair Lady missed a great opportunity for a man to create his ideal woman and then discover one of the following.

a.) The fundamental contradictions inherent in his ideals have given her multiple personality disorder.
b.) His ideal woman finds him physically, intellectually and ideologically repugnant.
c.) He has created a monster, which must be destroyed. (I call this the Mary Shelley ending)
d.) Her new discovery of a wider intellectual world has introduced her to the campaign for Women's Suffrage, which causes her to question his right to determine her social role.
e.) As above, but she becomes a radical Marxist and rebels against the social mores of an obsolete and corrupt bourgeoisie. Perhaps in conjunction with e.
f.) He has imagined the last three months owing to hitherto unsuspected hereditary insanity.
g.) Two words: Cthulhu phtagn

I point this out only in case some of my alternative endings are more entertaining than the real one.