View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 01:24 PM   #249
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Mithadan looked into the sharp eyes of the eagle as he spoke. "Korpulfr is a trader. A rich one by the look of things. He invited us to dinner on the evening we escaped. He was at all times friendly and seemed eager to forge a bond between us for future trading..." Mithadan paused here for a moment and looked over to Airefalas. Then he blinked rapidly as if facts which had seemed unrelated previously were now linked together like pieces of a puzzle.

"He did, however, ask a number of questions about my friend, Bird. She was... or is a shapechanger who was a good friend of mine in the north. She is one of the reasons I agreed to visit Umbar. Most of the other city-folk laughed if I asked about your people, saying shapechangers were but a legend. But Korpulfr did not laugh and Tinar... Tinar was there! And he is Wyrma's son! It appears that Korpulfr may be more than just a trader."

He looked over at Sorona, who bobbed her beak. But she fell silent and turned and hopped away out of the tent, followed by Surinen. Airefalas could only watch as they left, but he spun and growled to Mithadan, "Secrets and more secrets! Whenever we begin to figure things out the mouths of those who know the most slam shut!"

Mithadan nodded thoughtfully. "Perhaps we will lears more from Rad...Aiwendil. He did invite us to dinner. Wash up and get ready."

But Airefalas scowled. "Now we are going to ask questions of an Istar? They are a closed mouthed lot if what I've heard is true...." But he opened his pack and attempted to select a shirt which was less dirty than the one he wore. This proved to not be an easy task...