View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 11:34 AM   #86
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Wonderful posts, guys!

Kuru, you invented the karaoke prison - a stroke of genius! You also showed the Proctor actually gambling; my favorite quote was the "Grundor has no Queen-Mother" - hilarious! Thanks for your prequel to your later cameo - it's good to have you along for the ride.

Squatter, brilliant post again! How clever to find a connection with a previous post that the rest of us had probably forgotten by now. Your handling of other characters (speaking for myself in this case, of Merisu and Gravendil) is excellent - I liked the "fancy talk" line! That, and "Merisuwyniel boldly and valiantly fluttered her eyelashes". (We need an eyelash-fluttering blonde smiley!) The discussion about the meaning of the words was great fun, as were Gatesy's attempts to crack the code. At any rate, you managed to achieve the total destruction of the island - if this story were ever published, maps would be unnecessary, as all locations would have perished by the end of the tale!

I think Squatter's post set a new record for length on a thread accustomed to lengthy epistles...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'