View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 09:50 AM   #144
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tolkien

We have a couple continuity problems at the moment, nothing insurmountable but I thought I'd mention them so we can set them straight.

Elora: When Falowik withdraws into himself, and Uien slips away, and Gorby is drawing Falowik's face, they're all around the fire already, not riding horses anymore.

Imladris and Lumiel: Gorby's question to Lumiel if she likes the Shire is of course within his rights to ask, but it is a little naive of him as well, because the King's Edict is in effect, and Lumiel cannot have gone into the Shire, unless she did it in that special way Elves do, at night, in secret, in which case Lumiel would not find it any more warm and friendly than anywhere else - and I would suspect that this is not how Lumiel would move about anyway. So Lumiel can't really answer in the way she did, because she's not untruthful, seems to me. I still think you can have the two talk about it, but in a way that has continuity with the Edict.

Sorry to cause a fuss. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

LMP