View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 09:09 PM   #5
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Alatariel Telemnar's post

Finëwen rode up to the gates of Bree. The morning sun shone bright in the sky, which had a faint orange glow. ‘Who goes there?’ she heard a raspy voice behind the gate say.

‘It is I, Finëwen. I am heading for The Prancing Pony to meet a few other people,’ she said, taking the hood that had towered over her face, and placing it on her back. She dismounted her horse, who’s white coat was covered with mud from a long journey, and the day before’s rain. She carried only a bag around her shoulder and a sword partially hidden behind her cloak. The gates opened, and Finëwen lead him inside. There were several Bree people about, going about the early morning chores.

She took the white stallion into the stables and placed him in a stall to rest. She whispered something in his ear, and he whinnied in reply.

Then she continued into the Prancing Pony to rest from her journey. She hesitated in front of the inn, the inn that she had once visited when she was just but a wee child. Barliman Butter greeted her, ‘Will you need a room?’ he asked a smile came upon his face. He didn’t recognize her, and that seemed to please Finëwen. She smiled back.

‘Yes, I have traveled alone, and left my horse in the stables. He has gone through a long journey, and so have I. I shall be wanting a room for the night, possibly longer,’ Finëwen replied. She let her cloak back, revealing a dress of dark green, long sleeves draped from her arms. She stood straight and tall.

‘Yes, right away.’

Finëwen scanned the room for a familiar face. She spotted Falowik and Uien, along with two others sitting together. She walked up to the table; remaining calm, she took a breath and began to speak.

‘My name is Finëwen. I have come to join you on your journey,’ she said sitting down among them. Everyone paused for a moment. Looking at the new-comer, the table was silent for a moment. Then Uien broke the silence and introduced the four other people sitting around her.