View Single Post
Old 10-26-2003, 05:30 PM   #21
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

"I want to hear more from Master Thoronmir here, as far as leadership goes;" Falowik said, "otherwise, it comes down to Lady Esgallhugwen and Master Falco."

"Very well, you shall." said Thoronmir, standing up. "I believe that the best leader should be someone who knows what perils he is leading his followers into. As Falco said, this does require someone who is accustomed to such authority. Yet the ability to work with other people despite their differences is also a key issue. No offense intended, Shirriff Boffin, but I am afraid this quality is just not in your nature. I know some of you don't trust me because of my looks, and would want me to stay out of this quest. But leader or not, I will do whatever I can to make sure you come out of it alive. I have made my statement now. It is up to you to decide."

With that the Ranger sat back down. It was pretty much between him and Shirriff Falco now. He knew that whatever the outcome, he would probably have trouble with Falco before the end, and he hoped the hobbit's mistrust of him was not going to lead to violence, which he would want to avoid at any cost.

[ October 26, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]