View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 09:05 PM   #29
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Lira

Lira watched Falowik and Thoronmir intently: the latter was a strong, confident, assured man and seemed to have a natural talent for leading. Of course, it did seem fitting that a ranger would leave, she thought to herself.

Glancing again at Falowik, Lira gazed at him: at his almost ashamed look when Butturbur approached and wondered briefly at it. A vote was called and Lira weighed the two in her mind once more. Taking a sip of her wine, she looked at Thoronmir and said, "I think that the Ranger is best suited to lead us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gorby

I sighed deeply. Votes were called for. It's as plain as the nose on one's face that the Ranger should lead. Falowik is, after all, a fine fellow, but there was something about the mien of this Thoronmir fellow. I cringed as I said the name in my mind. I was good at letters, but I wondered if I would be able to spell it correctly when I wrote about the events in my journal later on in the evening. No matter.

Rising, I said, "Now I'm sure all you genteel and clever folks won't care to hear from a 'umble hobbit such as me. But if you should care to hear my opinion, I think Master Thoronmir should have the honour." i sat down and took a long guzzle at my ail. A bit of the foam splashed onto my nose.