View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 02:20 PM   #142
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Dafodyl huddled beneath the blanket on the dusty ground. She looked up amazed in the dim light at the male-hobbits conversing above about Elvish runes and treasures. Around her the jewels and weapons gleamed and glistened.

She pulled her blanket around her shoulders and stood. She took a deep breath and stepped toward a pile of jewels and weapons that were all to big and royal for her. With a smile, she picked up a small dagger with Elvish runes written down the side of the blade. The handle had large emeralds and rubies encrusted in it. She thought that it would be to heavy, for it was not made for a hobbit, but it was very light and easy to wield.

With a slightly tight grasp on the blade, she walked over to Bullroarer. She looked to the hobbit who was just slightly taller than she. He was looking around at all of the other hobbits already scavenging. "Mr. Bullroarer Sir?" She said as she tapped on his shoulder.

"Hmm… What Dafodyl?" He looked down at her, and she lifted the blade.

"Well, I thought that the Elves might like this back. It has a wonderfully carved handle with rubies and emeralds in it. And look here! There are the Elvish runes. That language looks so graceful!" He looked impatiently at him, and she continued, "Oh! Well, I think you should look at it. I think they would really like it." She held the blade higher, and waited for his response.