Thread: Glorfindel
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2002, 10:14 AM   #16
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Glorfindel was related to king Turgon. He was of the house of the Golden hair (or something similar) Notably because he was Noldorin but had golden hair. He was a great warrior, and wise. After he came back from death, he went with Elrond to Rivendell at one point (Elrond may have been the most closely related to him). He must have been strong because when Earnur was humiliated by the Witch King in the second age, and Glorfindel arrived, the Witch King fled. Also he must have been wise, because he prophecized that no mortal man would kill the Witch King. I would wonder if he was related to Galadriel moreso than Elrond? It never mentioned direct relation to anyone in any book. He probably had a sword similar to Glamdring or Orcrist. He may have been friends with Ecthelion, etc... These from being from Gondolin. There you go, some regular information.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling