View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #39
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The mention of Wikipedia was just referring to their decision-making process for controversial edits - they insist that it is *not* a democracy, and that decisions must be made through discussion and consensus.

I'd second the nomination of "The Shadow of the Past"... or, actually, I think starting from the very beginning, different as it may be from the usual M.O. of Hollywood, might be reasonable for us. Films, after all, are usually made out of order for practical reasons which don't really apply to us, and I think that at least writing from beginning to end will help us establish the tone and get "into" the world we're re-creating. Still, doing book II first could work just fine.

I have no acting experience whatsoever, but if you're short a rather young-sounding female voice (unlikely) I'm willing to try (I may well be one of our oldest participants so far, but telemarketers frequently ask me if my "mommy" is home). Actually, I would enjoy being the narrator - but I don't think I have the right voice.
I'd certainly be happy to help with the writing, and in any other way I can.

I wonder how far accents will be an issue. I think most of us are Americans, right?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote