View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 07:02 PM   #53
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Eruvalde

Eruvalde perked up at the mention of eggnog. She dodged one last snowball and threw an answer at her assailant, then brushed her mittens off on her skirt. The cold was pinching red into her nose and cheeks, and there was a frosting of snow on top of her curly hair. She started off towards the Inn at a run, then stopped, looking back at the lovely blanket of snow that she was leaving behind. For a moment she was torn, half of her wishing to stay behind and make a few more snow Ainur, half of her realizing that she was catching a chill and wanting to go in for some egg nog and cookies. She looked at the snow, then at the Inn, and back. Finally she grabbed a handfull of snow, rolled it into a ball, and threw it at herself before she went inside.

She could feel her hair getting a little wet as the snow melted on it as soon as she stepped inside. She ran into her father, who was just fastening his cloak. She put her hands on her hips again. "I can't believe you missed it! I was in a snowball war and I made some snow Ainur and..." She tried to think of what else she had done. "And I actually hit somebody with a snowball. And you missed all of it!"

"Sorry, darling," he said, and attempted to pick her up, but she twisted out of his arms.

"Can I have some egg nog?" she asked, and all was forgiven. Tamurilo reached up and got her some egg nog and a ginger snap. She put both on a table, climbed up onto a chair, and ate happily.